Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Keep on Truckin


I haven't added to this blog in a while, and there has been good reason. A lot has happened in the past two months. The most major occurrence was a student of mine passing away. He was struck by a truck as he crossed the street, was in the hospital for a few days, and then passed away. He was young, and vibrant; very impulsive (what 13 year old isn't). Two of his brothers (including his twin brother) are in my classes as well. It was a very sad experience, one that left me and the school with a lot to deal with, and a lot that we're all still dealing with. I had occasions where I considered expressing myself about it on this blog, but it just didn't seem right at the time. My first student to pass away. Horrible milestone.

Our little family is doing well though. The picture above is of me and my son, out for a walk with my momma. I recently bought him a Muddy Buddy suit, or as I like to call it, the baby hazmat suit. Best $37 I ever spent! It rains a lot here on the West Coast. I mean, that's pretty much the substance of our winter, though we usually get a few snowy days in every year. Even when it's not raining, the ground it still wet. And, like any other 15 month old, even though Z is fairly good on his feet, he still tumbles or intentionally sits in the wet grass or mud from time to time. This way, I don't even have to worry about it! Plus, he looks super cute in it! Z is a very adventurous and curious toddler. I still like to refer to him as my baby, but he's pretty much entered into the realm of toddler-hood now. No longer can I plop him down on the front lawn and still run back inside to grab a forgotten item. The little dude books it fast, and usually for the road. He doesn't quite understand "stop" yet (or maybe he does, but chooses to ignore). We're working on getting him to hold hands when we're close to traffic. Like everything, it's a process!

I am so excited that it is almost December. For one, I love Christmas, it means time with family (especially a certain brother who lives out of town), and time off from work to relax at home and spend time with my hubby and son. It means Christmas songs long ago memorized, twinkly lights, and rich foods. I am so excited about it this year with Z being 16 months old instead of 4 months old. Only three more weeks of school before Christmas break!

Oh crap, I better get knitting. Oh, and I'm planning on sewing up some stockings this year!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Natalie. I'd love to hear you sing a Christmas song:-).

    ReplyDelete