Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The good life

Oh, how much better one feels after a full night of sleep! Z has been giving us a little grief during the night time as of late, either waking up around 330/4am looking for a feed, or deciding that 530am is a great wake up time. At just shy of a year old (it's only a matter of weeks now!) I know he can go the whole night without a feed. Anyways, last night we ate spaghetti (that kid can pack it away!), and then I took the little one for a walk along Willow's Beach. It was such a beautiful night; we started at Estevan Village, walking past Willows Galley Fish n Chips on our way down to the beach. That reminds me, I need to get a fish n chips meal in before the end of summer; it smelled so good walking past that place! Z kept his little sunglasses on the whole time and we had a nice peaceful walk, seeing all the other families and groups of friends enjoying the beach and the playground.

I want to highlight the dinner I made last night. I decided to try something new with my tried and true spaghetti recipe. First, I added zucchini to the sauce; I've been trying to get more veggies in where-ever I can. Second, I decided to make spaghetti squash to cut some of the noodles out. This was the second time I had spaghetti squash. I was pretty impressed the first time I made it, with the ease of prep (I seriously just poke some holes in it and microwave it whole for 8-10 minutes, turning it over every couple of minutes), how tasty it was, and how much it actually resembled noodles... so cool! Anyways, it turned out really great... I think it helped that we also had some fresh baked (not by me) focaccia bread to go with it.

Tonight we caught an outdoor show of Towers and Trees. They're a new local band, of which my brother is a part. Also, my sister in law, his wife, sings vocals sometimes. It was such a wonderful night. The show was early enough that we actually both got to go and bring Z. Normally we kindof flip a coin to decide who gets to go, and who stays home to watch the munchkin. You couldn't ask for better weather, and the food on the patio at the Canoe Club was so tasty. It was pricey, but we both agreed, it was a great evening. Plus, little one did a lot of cruising around with all the patio chairs that were available as anchors.

I'm looking forward to this long weekend. My hubby is off tomorrow, and Monday is a civic holiday, so we'll enjoy a good four days of family time. I'll leave you with a debut video from Towers and Trees.


1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful that you get out into the world with little Z so often.

    ReplyDelete